About 24 Cubs enjoyed a wonderful couple of days cooking up a storm over the 2nd and 3rd April. The best news is parents got to sample these cooked treats too but more about that shortly..
Broken Bay Cubs were joined by 3 Cubs from the 1st Narara Scout Group for this culinary activity.
Activities on the first day included:
- Peeling and chopping vegetables for the Minestrone Soup (so much that two enormous pots had to be deployed);
- Chopping cheese and cabanossi;
- Making loads of yummy biscuits (I managed to try one of those – delicious!);
- Making their own billy can and using it to boil water;
- Pitching tents (perfect weather for it);
- Preparing and cooking – dessert – Nutella Smores (I now know the meaning of smores – you want more of the smores)! Tortilla filled with nutella, marshmallows, and chocolate chips) wrapped in foil and cooked on a camp fire;
- Preparing hamburger patties;
- Napkin folding; and
Parents were welcomed to a beautifully decorated Cub Hall to experience these delectable delights. Sampling:
- Cheese, cabanossi and crackers (starters);
- Minestrone Soup (entrée);
- Hamburger with choice of salad (main);
- Nicely rounded off by Nutella Smores (dessert) – leaving the parents replete and happy.
A big THANK YOU to Akela and Jacala (Broken Bay Scout Group) for making this all happen, Bagheera (1st Narara Scout Group) and all the parent helpers!